Tomorrow will be a two-post day (details tomorrow) so I hadn’t planned to post anything today. Then I realized I had a few loose ends I wanted to tidy up so I decided to do a non-food-related post. I’ll warn you now – this post is high on photos, low on substance. Proceed at your own risk 🙂
First up, Karen over at Karen’s Cookies Cakes & More tagged me last week and while I normally stink at responding to these types of things, I promised her I wouldn’t let her down, so here are my responses!
1. A – Available/Single? Married
2. B – Best friend? My husband, Shane
3. C – Cake or Pie? Pie
4. D – Drink of choice? Mountain dew (so unhealthy, I know)
5. E – Essential item you use every day? Laptop
6. F – Favorite color? Yellow (or blue – I’m indecisive, see below)
7. G – Gummy Bears or Worms? Neither – I don’t really like gummy candy
8. H – Hometown? Coventry, RI
9. I – Indulgence? Pedicures
10. J – January or February? February – my birthday month
11. K – Kids & their names? No kids yet
12. L – Life is incomplete without? Love
13. M – Marriage date? March 31, 2007
14. N – Number of siblings? One brother & one step-sister
15. O – Oranges or Apples? Apples
16. P – Phobias/Fears? Snakes, bees, spiders, etc, etc.
17. Q – Quote for the day? “If it weren’t for the last minute, I wouldn’t get anything done.”
18. R – Reason to smile? Sunny weather
19. S – Season? Fall
20. T – Tag 4 People?
• Jessica of A Singleton in the Kitchen
• Margot of Effort to Deliciousness
• Mary Ann of Meet Me in the Kitchen
• Di of Di’s Kitchen Notebook
21. U – Unknown fact about me? I was a competitive gymnast for many, many years. Now, I’m addicted to watching all sports on tv – gymnastics, football, baseball, hockey, tennis, golf, basketball – it’s all good to me!!
22. V – Vegetable you don’t like? Green peppers
23. W – Worst habit? Indecisiveness to a fault
24. X – X-rays you’ve had? Dental
25. Y – Your favorite food? Pizza
26. Z – Zodiac sign? Pisces
Next up, a recap of what we’ve been up to the past few weekends. As I’ve mentioned before, Shane decided to start competing in triathlons this year. He wasn’t really into swimming, biking or running before he began training but he worked his butt off this year and made serious progress!! Two weekends ago he competed in his first Olympic-distance triathlon: that’s about a 1-mile swim, 25-mile bike and 6-mile run! The triathlon was down in Plymouth, Massachusetts and it was a terrific day. The weather was gorgeous and the race site was lots of fun with the Mayflower II and Plymouth Rock to see. I took a ton of photos but tried to spare you from having to look at all of them.
This past weekend was the last triathlon of the season but it was a gloomy, rainy day so I didn’t bother bringing the camera. Conditions were tough – the bike leg was cancelled because of conditions on the road, but it was still fun and amazing to see how far Shane’s come in just a few months. I’m already looking forward to next year!
The white structure on the left side of the picture is where Plymouth Rock is located.
The Mayflower II
They exited the swim right next to the Mayflower II where you see the ladders
In the transition area getting ready to head out on the bike
Trying to sprint to the finish and complete the race in under 3 hours….did he make it?
Yes! Under 3 hours. For the record, I’m pretty sure it would’ve taken me 3 hours to do one leg, not all 3 🙂
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)