Thanksgiving is just about here – tomorrow is the big day! Are you ready? Menus planned, grocery shopping finished?
I’m not hosting, but always bring a few dishes to my mom’s, and yesterday I finally decided what they’d be. Procrastinate much? 🙂 Though I braced myself for the worst, the grocery store was surprisingly not all that crowded when I ran out to pick up the last few things I needed yesterday. I’ll be spending today in the kitchen getting everything prepped and ready in the hopes that tomorrow will be a little less stressful. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been rushing to put the finishing touches on my dishes in the two minutes before we walk out the door (again, procrastination, I’m terrible!).
We always end up with a ton of leftovers every year, and I don’t think it’d be a stretch to say that we look forward to them almost as much as the big meal itself. That said, turkey sandwiches get boring really fast, so I love repurposing the leftovers in fun new ways. Here are over 15 ideas for making your leftovers more exciting!
1. Turkey Cranchiladas
2. Slow Cooker Turkey and Potato Chowder from Baked by Rachel
3. Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Pot Pie from Damn Delicious
4. Turkey, Mushroom, and Bacon Puff Pastry Pockets from Recipe Girl
5. Mexican Turkey Breakfast Pizza from Taste and Tell
6. Turkey and Gruyère Panini
7. Thanksgiving Leftover Breakfast Sandwiches from How Sweet It is
8. Cranberry Sauce Brownies from Confections of a Foodie Bride
9. Turkey Avocado Enchiladas from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
10. Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes from Just a Taste
11. Slow Cooker White Turkey Chili from Table for Two
12. Turkey Tetrazzini from Brown Eyed Baker
13. Turkey Cranberry Monte Cristo Sandwiches
14. Thanksgiving Leftover Nachos from Girl Versus Dough
15. Baked Tortellini with Turkey, Butternut Squash, and Chard from Cookin’ Canuck
And, here are seven bonus recipes! They all call for chicken, but would be equally delicious if you swapped in your leftover turkey instead.
1. Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti
2. Chicken Tortilla Soup
3. Chicken Pesto Lasagna Rolls
4. Buffalo Chicken Pizza
5. Barbecue Chicken Stuffed Baked Potatoes
6. Chipotle Chicken Chowder
7. Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Mac and Cheese
What is your favorite way to enjoy Thanksgiving leftovers?