For the past three or four years Shane and I have hosted a Mother’s Day brunch for our moms. I love coming up with a special menu to share with them! It’s the least we can do to say thank you for everything they do for us Our plans are a little different this year; we’ll actually be down in Providence on Sunday morning cheering Shane on in his marathon, so brunch is on hold for a year. However, I know a lot of you may be planning to do something special for mom so I’ve pulled together some of my favorite breakfast/brunch recipe ideas. Some sweet, some savory, and many that can be made ahead of time – hope this helps with your menu planning!
1. Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
2. Asparagus and Gruyere Frittata
3. Homemade Turkey Breakfast Sausage
4. Zucchini, Tomato, and Ricotta Tarts
5. Maple Syrup Pancakes Muffins
6. Triple Chocolate Scones with Peanut Butter Glaze
7. Chocolate Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast with Strawberry Topping
8. Homemade Croissants
9. Sweet Potato and Bacon Hash
10. Southwestern Black Bean Salad
11. “Best” Blueberry Muffins
12. Bacon, Leek, and Cheddar Mini Quiches
Ok, and just one more – I can’t help myself. I made these mum cupcakes three years ago, and they still rank as one of my favorites. They’re deceptively simple, but have a major wow factor. They can even pull double duty, first as a really unique centerpiece on your table, and then a delicious dessert! Give them a try, I know you’ll love them
See you tomorrow, I’ll have one more springy dessert idea for you before the weekend!