Well, just a few more days left in 2012 – can you believe it? Before we know it 2013 will be here! For the past few years, I’ve done year-end round-ups and wanted to continue the tradition this year. I really enjoy putting these together; it’s a lot of fun to look back and remember all of the new recipes we tried over the past 12 months.
Today I’m recapping the most popular recipes I posted this year (after holding the top spot of all time for several years, these homemade croissants were knocked off by this year’s most popular recipe!). As you’ll see, you guys were all about buffalo chicken and chocolate chip cookies
Stay tuned – on Monday I’ll be back to share our favorites that didn’t make the cut on this list.
12. Thousand Layer Chocolate Chip Cookies – One of the most unique recipes of the year for sure! Shards of chocolate are layered between squares of dough and rolled until fused. The result is giant chocolate chip cookies with crisp edges and wonderfully chewy centers.
11. Buffalo Chicken Bites – Appetizers were a big hit with you guys this year too. Here we take a cheesy buffalo chicken mixture and wrap it in yeasted dough for a simple, but crowd-pleasing favorite (these are especially fun on game day!).
10. Spinach Gruyere Puff Pastry Pinwheels – Another winning appetizer! You can never go wrong with puff pastry and its buttery flaky layers but the spinach and Gruyere really take it to another level. Super simple to make too!
9. Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries – These fries were probably my most frequently made side dish of the summer. Zucchini can be boring to me sometimes, but these fries are anything but!
8. Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – I’ve said this a million times, but for me, it doesn’t get much better than the combination of salty and sweet in a dessert. Here a layer of salted caramel sauce is baked into my go-to chocolate chip cookie bar to yield an irresistibly decadent treat! I could seriously eat these every single day and never get tired of them.
7. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip – This is one of those great party recipes to have in your arsenal. The dip can literally be made in 5 minutes and, based on my experience with serving it to guests, it’ll disappear in about the same amount of time
6. Buffalo Chicken Rolls – This was one of the first recipes posted in 2012, and definitely a surprise hit for us. I think I made it 3 times in January alone! I’m always looking for new ways to use shredded chicken in a quick and easy dinner and these rolls definitely fit the bill.
5. Orange Teriyaki Chicken Kebabs – It was the summer of the kebab at our house. Food on a stick = fun! I loved the way the orange flavor really shone in this teriyaki sauce. I really miss grilling during these frigid winter months, so I’m already planning to try this on our indoor grill pan soon!
4. Salted Caramel Chocolate Shortbread Bars – If you’ve a Twix lover like me, these shortbread bars are not to be missed! The components are all there – a layer of buttery shortbread topped with gooey caramel and finished with a rich chocolate glaze. I want to play around with a peanut butter version of this recipe in 2013…
3. Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese – Grilled cheese is such a classic comfort food, and while I love it made with just a few slices of bread and some good cheese, it’s hard not to play around sometimes. Buffalo chicken for the win!
2. Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball – I never expected this cheese ball to take off like it did. In just the few months since I hit “publish,” it’s become one of the most popular recipes of all time on this blog! Maybe I should have known – bacon, jalapeno, two kinds of cheese – what’s not to like here?
1. Baked Crab Rangoon – Homemade version of take-out favorites tend to be reader favorites, and this one was no exception. As I mentioned above, it even knocked my beloved croissants from their long-held spot as the most popular recipe on this blog. The fried wontons you’d likely find at a restaurant are insanely delicious, but I feel so much better about consuming this healthier baked version!
So, did any of your favorites make the list? I’ll be back this weekend with a few new recipes for you and remember to check back on Monday to find out which recipes Shane and I called our favorites in 2012!